- Schizophrenia: patients usually have less brain tissue
- Major Depression: scans show less brain activity in depressed brain
- Alzheimer’s: brain tissue significantly shrinks, hippocampus is usually the first region to go
- ADHD: less brain activity in the frontal cortex (area associated with decision making)
- OCD: high brain activity
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): hippocampal volume reduction (area involved in memory) and increased activation of the amygdala (area involved in emotional responses)
This is so important! I usually don’t reblog posts but people need to understand that mental illnesses are NO CHOICE! You cannot get over it, or snap with your fingers and just be okay again. It takes constant fixing and a lot of strength to get out of this.
So to everyone who judges people with mental disorders: people don’t get a choice to develop a disorder or not, but being stupid and telling them to get over it is a choice.
PLEASE DONT JUDGE THINGS UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND!
Starring Will Smith
Mr. Les Brown! His words don’t just inspire they challenge you!
My black year: Maggie Anderson at TEDxGrandRapids
Chicago family Buys Black for a year. Maggie Anderson, shares her experience with that experiment.
Maggie Anderson also Author of the Book based on the experiment:
"Our Black Year"
we need this badly. bad-ly
Killer Mike interview on the Breakfast Club. Just a refreshing interview.
There is so much depth to our problems, we will need to become less resistant to the solutions if we really want peace.
Had to create flash cards for the homies.LOL
Support the artist! Watch the full poem: Javon Johnson - “cuz he’s black”
this is so relevant in light of recent events of police brutality against MIchael Brown and john Crawford. #blacklivesmatter